Works in almost any browser, including all those that support Flash or HTML5 and most mobile browsers.
Displays more than a hundred different file formats.
Is secure, reliable, and free — for up to 5,000 views per month. Licenses available for more views and more features.
One Viewer, Many Ways to Use It
You can use Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer in different ways, depending on your needs. The most popular methods are described below, along with a table showing the optional parameters you can use to customize the viewer and tips for playing your document as a slideshow.The document or other file you want to show must be hosted somewhere that's publicly accessible through the Internet-it can't be stuck behind a firewall, or somewhere that requires a login for access. If you don’t have a way to put your file on a server, you can display documents straight from your Dropbox.
Paste a link in a social media posting or email
The steps below create a link in a social media update or email that opens your document in the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer demo page.
- Visit the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer demo page.
- Paste or type the URL of your publicly accessible document in the box under Try Your Own Document.
- Click the Update Viewer button. You’ll see your file displayed in the demo window.
- Under Share Your Document, click the icon for the social media site you want to use. The site’s posting dialogue box opens so you can add any text to go along with your document, and post it!
Configure the viewer through a plugin for a third-party content manager
If you use a third-party content manager like WordPress, Joomla! or Drupal, you can install a plugin that will facilitate the insertion of Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer into your content. You can even apply any of the optional parameters that customize the viewer. The steps are easy, but they differ for each platform. To get started, visit the Plugins and Extensions page and click the logo for your content manager.
Embed Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer in your HTML source code
Immediately after you sign up, you'll see the My Viewers page, which helps you correctly phrase a URL for displaying your document. Just fill in the address of your document, and the My Viewers page produces a URL for displaying it. You can copy the URL and paste it wherever you need it. On the My Viewers page, you can also set a few optional parameters, like the size of the viewer window. A button for returning to My Viewers appears at the top of the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer page, so you can return to create URLs to other documents.
Below are some additional details on the two ways you can manually set up viewing of a document through Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer:
Check out the Tips & Tricks forum on the Community page for other advanced applications. For example, with a few tweaks you can display a document in a floating lightbox.
Creating a Simple Link to Display a Document
To display a document, simply create a link with a URL that includes the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer address (http://connect.ajaxdocumentviewer.com), the key you received when you signed up, and your document address. For example, suppose that:
- Your key is 12345
- The direct address to your document is http://www.mydoc.com/resume.pdf
Embedding Document Viewing in Source
To embed a document, you can use a simple element to open the document in a new tab/window, or an <iframe> element to open the document in a defined frame within the current page.
Using <href>The sample below creates a text link that opens the specified document in a new browser window.
Using <iframe>The sample below opens the specified document in a 650×600 frame on the current page.
Play a Slideshow
Any multi-page document you display with Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer can be presented as a self-running slideshow that skips through its pages automatically at a pace that you control. You can customize the experience, choosing how long each page is displayed, whether the show starts automatically or waits at the first slide for the visitor to start it, which animation style to use for page turns, and more. And your visitors can pause and play the slideshow, and go forward or backward through pages manually.
- If you are using the Paste a link in a social media posting or email method to display your document, all you have to do to configure your multi-page document as a slideshow is click the Slideshow button (on the Demo page under Choose Your Viewer Type) before clicking a button under Share Your Document.
- If you are using any other method, simply add the optional viewertype parameter, and choose slideshow as the viewer type. See Using The Optional Parametersto learn how to configure viewertype and other parameters, such as the parameters that control the animation effects in the slideshow and the speed at which it plays.
Using The Optional Parameters
You can add the following parameters to the URL to adjust the look and functionality of Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer. Simply add an ampersand (&) after the document file name, followed by the parameter name, an equals sign (=), and the setting you want to apply. For example, to add parameters specifying a window size of 600 pixels high by 800 pixels wide for the simple sample at the top of this page:http://connect.ajaxdocumentviewer.com?key=12345&document=http://www.mydoc.com/resume.pdf&viewerheight=600&viewerwidth=800The table below describes all of the available optional parameters, except for those that control encryption, which are described in the next section. The defaults indicated for some parameters are the settings that will be applied if you do not use the parameter.Note: Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer is actually three viewers: a default viewer for browsers equipped with Flash, another that opens automatically in HTML5 browsers only when Flash is not present, and the slideshow viewer. By giving you both HTML5 and Flash versions, Accusoft has ensured broad compatibility with the available recent browser versions, including mobile browsers. A few optional parameters are available only in the Flash version; see the Viewer column in the table below. You can use the viewertype parameter to force Accusoft Cloud Services to use one viewer or the other.
Note: If the URL of your document contains a query string, the document URL must be “URL encoded” within the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer URL. For more information about URL encoding, seehttp://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp.
Note: Entering a percentage value over 100% will cause an error to display. Valid values for the ‘viewerwidth’ parameter are non-negative floating-point numbers with single-precision and optional ‘%’ character suffix, ‘%’ values must be less than or equal to 100.0%.
Note: Entering a percentage value over 100% will cause an error to display. Valid values for the ‘viewerheight’ parameter are non-negative floating-point numbers with single-precision and optional ‘%’ character suffix, ‘%’ values must be less than or equal to 100.0%.
Using Encrypted Parameters
If you use the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer Premium Edition, you can apply parameters that encrypt the document URL (and optional parameter settings, if any) so that it cannot be seen by users, providing an extra measure of security for the files on your server. Encryption is a two-step process:The following parameters can be used to load Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer with encryption.
- Send your completed URL, including your document address and any optional parameters, to the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer encryption service to receive an encrypted string.
- Use the encrypted string in place of your usual document address and parameter settings in the URL you use to link to the document.
To GET an encrypted string:Phrase your full URL, including any optional parameters, as described in the preceding sections. Then create an HTTP GET request as follows, adding /encryptbetween the document address and the key. For example: If the request succeeds, the server responds with an encrypted string, like the following:
To use the encrypted string to display a document:To display the document, you will phrase the URL for your link, <href> element or <iframe> element a little differently:
- Start with the Accusoft Cloud Services Viewer address (http://connect.ajaxdocumentviewer.com) and your key as usual.
- Add the encrypt parameter (&encrypt=1), followed by the encrypttext parameter (&encrypttext=).
- Paste your encryption string. The finished URL should look something like this: