Recognition for check processing applications
MICR, or Magnetic ink character recognition, is a character recognition technology used mainly by the banking industry to facilitate the processing and clearance of checks. The MICR line is located at the bottom of a check and typically includes the document type indicator, bank code, bank account number, check number and the amount, plus some control indicator.
By integrating a MICR SDK, your application can easily read MICR code content from any scanned image. The SDK should enable zone definition, recognition, image cleanup, advanced binarization, and return of confidence values.
Accusoft’s MICR technology is a robust solution allowing developers to:
- Recognize MICR E-13B characters in images
- Recognize the 14 ISO-standard MICR E-13B font characters
- Decode the MICR content found on checks and other documents
- Configure a zone of the image to search for MICR content
- Parse MICR lines into fields
- Parse MICR text into fields defined by ASC X9, Inc.
- Obtain confidence values for each character and field
- Return alternate characters with confidence values
- Support configurable minimum acceptable confidence
- Support configurable rejection character
- Supports black and white, grayscale, or color images
- Deskews, despeckles, crops borders, and rotates
- Create applications for .NET or ActiveX