Build powerful forms processing applications that include form recognition, registration, and dropout, along with image cleanup and OMR (optical mark recognition).
Create customizable forms with our forms processing and OMR SDK.
The FormFix toolkit is designed for production-level structured forms processing and OMR, including the largest data capture project in history, the Decennial Census. With FormFix, you can:
- Recognize incoming scanned forms from your master form library
- Drop out forms and extract fields of check marks or bubble marks
- Compare forms to see if they match and have the same form fields
- Enhance and clean up scanned images for improved recognition
Use the API for setting up fields, form templates, and form sets easily. Define OMR, text, image, and custom fields on each form. The architecture allows flexible order of operations.
With FormFix, you can empower users to quickly identify one of thousands of different forms, use automatic identification without the need for registration or anchor marks, and limit matching to a subset of templates. Set the level of effort for form matching and the minimum acceptable confidence level for form matching. Return up to 100 alternative form matches of lower certainty with ease.
- Rotated 90, 180, or 270 degrees from template image
- Scaled from 90% to 110% of the template size
- Scanned at 50% to 150% of the template resolution
- Skewed up to 20 degrees
- With user-defined templates and return confidence values
Form Drop Out
Remove the template image at sub-second speeds. Confidence values highlight problem images. FormFix precisely removes lines, broken lines, shading, noise, guide text, and automatically repairs characters that intersect with removed lines or guide text.
- Adjust for distortion caused by printing, copying, or scanning
- Apply character smoothing for increased OCR accuracy
- Selective drop out in specified fields
- Create image clips by cropping from source image
FormFix includes ScanFix Xpress for advanced color and bitonal image cleanup, including automatic binarization, deskew, despeckle, dot shading removal, line removal, character smoothing, inverse text correction, hole punch removal, and more.
Use the OMR feature to detect the presence of check marks or characters (e.g. for signature detection) for single and multiple mark recognition.
- Set threshold for marks
- Perform OMR at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degree orientations
- Specify fields as grids (rows by columns) or single bubbles
- Programmatic specification of bubble shapes
- Recognize checkboxes
- Unlimited number of fields
- Set recognition parameters for each field
- View confidence values for each OMR field
Image & Data Transfer
The FormDirector component provides communication between FormFix, SmartZone, and ScanFix components. The product organizes and delivers descriptions and control parameters for processing forms and handles over 10,000 unique form templates.
- Reading, revising, and writing form templates and sets
- Bitonal, grayscale, and color files
- Unicode character support
- Customer-defined field types and custom data attached to fields, forms, and form sets
Align a filled form to its template within two pixels, based on image content and automatically determine anchor points on the master template form. Alignment can be adjusted within a drop out zone to compensate for form variations. Anchor marks can be used for registration and aligned image adjustments can be applied to the original image.
Register forms even when they exhibit:
- Skew up to 20 degrees
- Scale from 90 to 110%
- Resolutions from 50% to 150% of the template
- Rotation (at 90, 180, and 270 degrees)
Load, Save & Manipulate Images
FormFix includes ImagXpress for image viewing, compression, conversion, thumbnail images, image processing and editing, TWAIN scanning, annotation, and printing.
James Upchurch joined Accusoft in 2017 as a software engineer and currently works on Accusoft's SDKs including FormSuite, SmartZone, and ImagXpress. He graduated from the University of South Florida with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a focus in project management and application design. Now, his interests are customer advocacy and improving engineering processes. Away from work, James enjoys biking around Tampa, playing guitar, writing, and strength training.
Start your free FormFix trial.
Use the form below to download your full-featured trial of FormFix, the forms processing and OMR SDK. With it, you’ll receive functional sample code to get you started.
You’re 5 minutes from a working project.
Obtain the latest version of FormFix by using this download form. If you require further support, please visit our support center or login to the client portal.
Tech Specs for FormFix
With FormFix, you can create innovative forms processing applications that identify and align forms, dropout and extract zones, and enhance and clean up images.
- 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1, 10; Windows Server 2008 (and R2), 2012 (and R2), and 2016
- Visual Studio 2010, 2015, and 2017
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.x, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
- Demos for C# and VB.NET
- ScanFix Xpress