Prizm ActiveX Features
File Annotation and Collaboration
Enable document collaboration. Store all of your users’ annotations on your Web server or directly in your document management system (DMS) or enterprise content management (ECM) database. The Prizm Annotation Server download includes a fully-working sample that can also be used as a template for storing Prizm ActiveX Viewer annotations within your DMS. The Prizm Annotation Server is separately licensed based on the number of server cores.
- Popular annotations include text box, pop-up note, highlight, lines, arrows, rubber stamps, polygons and polylines, rectangles and ellipses, and freehand
- A descriptive note can be included within each annotation, displayed when the mouse is placed over it
- Annotations can be exported inside TIFF or PDF files, burned into images, or saved separately
Multi-Format Document Viewing
Prizm ActiveX Viewer displays document images your browser can’t. Automatically open many image types with one viewer. Comprehensive viewing features go beyond common display tools to add thumbnail navigation, poster printing, image export, and many others.
Easily configure any of the following types to be opened with Prizm ActiveX Viewer:
- TIFF (single and multiple page, stripped, and tiled) in all compression formats
- PDF (PDF edition only)
- CALS Type 1 (Group 4) for Government and Military use
- C4 (JEDMICS)
- BMP Bitmap
- HD Photo (JPEG XR)
- PCX/DCX Paintbrush
- AutoCAD™ (DWG, DXF, DWF) multi-layer, multi-layout
- IBM AFP (including MO:DCA, PTOCA and ABIC)
- JPEG 2000
- SVG (SVG Spec 1.1)
- WSQ Fingerprint
Want to deliver a PDF, four TIFFs, and a JPEG with a single mouse-click? Our image list files let you package any combination of files and selected pages to be viewed or printed by your users as one virtual document. You can include property damage photos with insurance claims, home photos with mortgage applications, or assembly diagrams with parts lists. List files are described using an XML-based schema provided with the Prizm Admin Tools so that you can group files and present them to your users on the Web.
Advanced Navigation Tools
Use your mouse, keyboard, menus, and controls to quickly move between images.
- Thumbnail navigation – Use your mousewheel, or click on the thumbnail to jump to a page.
- The table of contents window can be used to quickly navigate through image list files and PDFs (PDF edition)
- Search for text anywhere in a searchable PDF file and click to view that page (PDF edition)
Advanced Viewing Tools
- Flying magnifier lets you zoom a particular area of the image.
- Reference window provides a “birds eye view” and can be dragged to position the image.
Enhanced Image Display Options
- Anti-aliasing, which automatically improves bitonal image display
- Color smoothing, which evens out the “blockiness” that often occurs with highly-magnified or over-compressed color images
- Unicode support for thumbnail descriptors
- Set initial view display
- Set initial display rotation
- Mirror horizontal and/or vertical
- Preserve lines when scaling
- Invert colors
- Color smoothing
- Patented enhanced JPEG decoding
- Brightness and contrast adjustments
- Maintain scaling, position and orientation when paging
- Apply print options to bitonal, color, PDF, and CAD images independently
- Include or omit annotations in print
- Specify up to 3 lines of header and footer text to be printed. Macro support allows auto-insertion of print date, time, and other variables
- Specify poster printing options for large format images including shrink instructions, overlap settings, minimum size for poster printing, order of pages
- Permit auto-orient when different orientation saves paper on printed images
Customize Installation Files
Prizm ActiveX Viewer lets you customize the user interface and build a new installer that enables the features your users need. Turn off or reorganize your users’ toolbars, docking windows, and menus, set default viewing options, control supported file types, and even supply your own help file in place of ours. The Prizm ActiveX Viewer administrator tools include a comprehensive configuration application that helps you easily define every custom feature so that you can deploy with your own default settings. Change colors, navigation tools, MIME types, initial viewing settings, and deploy a customized version of Prizm ActiveX Viewer.
Customize the Web Viewing Experience
Did you know that you can deploy Prizm ActiveX Viewer for distributing documents to your users right on your website? While your document management system decides who has access to documents, you can control the entire end-user environment via HTML tags. Prizm ActiveX Viewer can be licensed just for viewing images on your URL.
Integrated Scripting API
You have even more potential to create a completely controlled document distribution and viewing solution for those using Internet Explorer. Virtually all of the power of the viewer is exposed as methods, properties, and events of a Prizm ActiveX object. You can embed the PrizmControl object on any Web page, and control nearly every aspect of images viewed within it.
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7.1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012.
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 11 (32 bit only)