The full list of features for SmartZone is updated regularly as they are added and released. Please check our support area for SmartZone or contact us with further questions.
languages for OCR and ICR
The software recognizes several languages including: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish (ActiveX ICR is English-only). It can simultaneously recognize characters from all supported languages.
- Pre-defined character sets include: uppercase, lowercase, mixed case alphabetic, digits, currency, and punctuation
- Can be limited to any customer-defined subset of the full character sets
- Return confidence values for each individual character, line, and the complete result
- Return alternate results for each character, with confidence values
- Choose rejection character provided when character cannot be identified
- Set confidence level below which the rejection character is returned
- Can optimize by controlling recognition segmentation parameters
regular expressions (.NET only)
Users can define an expected character pattern for a field and apply a different regular expression to each field to dramatically improve accuracy.
standard field types (.NET only)
Pre-defined field types include: dates, times, email, U.S phone, SSN, URL, currency. Defined fields experience improved accuracy.
They can be augmented with regular expressions and a data validation list can be used to automatically verify part numbers, customer IDs, etc.
image load, save and manipulation
SmartZone Professional and Standard include ImagXpress Standard (full product description) for basic image conversion, image processing, and TWAIN scanning.
MICR recognition (MICR)*
- Recognizes E-13B font within configurable zones
- Returns confidence values for each character, field, and line
- Parses MICR text into fields defined by ASC X9, Inc. (see standards document ANSI X9.100-160-1-2004)
*MICR Support is available as an add on