Manage PDF with ImageGear
ImageGear is a robust, multi-platform, multi-language PDF solution that meets a variety of PDF editing, compression, and conversion needs.
ImageGear PDF Management:
- Create and edit PDFs
- Convert Microsoft Office documents to PDF
- Preserve vector data when saving PDF files
- Enable PDF Text Extraction
- Open and process PostScript (PS) and Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) files
- Comprehensive PDF API for searchable text, and more
- Create or delete PDF form fields (AcroForms)
- Read data from and write data to PDF form fields
- AcroForm flattening to remove the interactivity from a PDF
ImageGear offers comprehensive file compression for PDF files that can be quickly integrated into your application without needing a deep understanding of the PDF file type or compression algorithms.
ImageGear PDF Compression:
- Compress original files up to 45%
- Virtually unchanged image quality despite the compression process
- All images within a PDF optimized in a single operation
- Compresses images, metadata, and fonts
- Built-in safeguards to ensure that the output file won’t be larger than the input
- Customizable settings to control the type and amount of compression used
PDF/A and PDF Conversion
Convert PDF files into PDF/A documents with ImageGear. PDF/A is an ISO-standardized type of PDF file used for archiving and long-term preservation of files so they can be reproduced exactly as the original file. Elements, such as fonts, must be self-contained or embedded to preserve the original file’s formatting and properties.
PDF/A-2b is a strict subset of the ISO PDF specification used to create archival versions of documents with the intent that they will always render exactly the same as when they were saved.
- Create PDF/A files from raster image files and scanned images
- Verify PDF documents for reliable graphic content exchange through PDF/A (PDF/A-2b) compliance
- Enhancements to improve compliance checks and conversion of PDF to PDF/A-1a and PDf/A-2b